Please find below resource(s) available for Trial
This is a new product offer for TAL.
Access Video on Demand is a streaming video platform for public libraries, with a focus on educational films. The collection includes subjects ranging from Arts and Humanities, Business and Economics, Science, Mathematics and Technology, Social Sciences, Careers and Trades, Health and Wellness, Home and Family, Archival films and newsreels.
Over 21,000 full-length videos, over 372,000 video clips... and growing. Many popular documentaries originally produced for National Geographic, A&E, BBC, TED Talks, Nova, Rick Steves’ Europe, Scientific American, and more are included. Closed-captioning and interactive transcripts are available on many titles.
Also on offer is the World Cinema Streaming Video Collection, offering classic and contemporary feature films from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and the United States. This unique collection includes the best of the silent era, groundbreaking international directors, American and European masterpieces from the mid-20th century, and award-winning contemporary films featured by Global Lens. The collection shines a light on the history of cinema while also providing a glimpse into the cultures and issues of countries around the world.
• Exclusive high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else
• Unlimited, simultaneous, 24/7 access, in the library or off site
• Captioning and cross-searchable interactive transcripts on all titles
• iPad, PC, Mac, and Android friendly
• Free MARC records for every video
• Public performance rights to facilitate library programming and presentations
• Marketing tools to increase patron awareness
• A robust administrative portal with enhanced reporting features
• Dynamic citations in MLA, CMS, and APA formats, featuring EasyBib integration for up-to-date citation creation and export
• Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
• Authenticated search widget, content widget, and Top Ten Titles widget for your library’s home page
• Authenticated links for use with Web-based catalog systems
• Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
The Complete Access Collection covers the following subject areas:
Arts and Humanities
* Art and Architecture
* Literature and Language Arts
* Music and Dance
* Philosophy and Religion
* World Languages
Business and Economics
* Business Success
* Business Technology
Careers and Trades
* Career Planning and Resources
* Technical and Trade Skills
Health and Wellness
* Diseases, Disorders and Disabilities
* Heath Care and Treatment
* Human Anatomy and Physiology
* Personal Health and Wellness
Home and Family
* Family and Living
* Home How-To
* Teen Issues
Science, Mathematics and Technology
* Earth Science
* Environmental Science
* Physical Science
* Technology and Society
* Area Studies
* Crime and Law
* Political Science
Travel and Recreation
Archival Films and Newsreel
The World Cinema Collection offers classic and contemporary feature films from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. All films in this collection have full public performance rights clearances.
Mid-term joins may be accepted.
If you would like to join this new TAL subscription, please respond to Christine Loo by Wednesday, February 17, 2016. You will be sent a subscriber's agreement and asked to submit a signed copy at your earliest convenience.