Please find below resource(s) available for Trial
This is a new product offer for TAL.
CAN-CORE is a streaming video platform for academic libraries, offering 100% Canadian content. The collection includes subjects ranging from Arts, Business and Communication, Science, Mathematics and Technology, Social Sciences, Academic and Career skills, Health and Medicine, and Trades.
CAN-CORE Post-Secondary has been designed for Canadian faculty, university and college students. It's like no other streaming platform. 100% Canadian-produced content. Thousands of segments & full programs. Featuring quality product from some of Canada's best producers. Stunning footage unearths our landscape, environment and ecological diversity. Investigative journalism delves into current events. Historically accurate segments explore our colourful heritage, culture and traditions. Medical and health experts examine the latest findings and research.
Easy to use searchable educational content platform. Closed-captioning and interactive transcripts are available on many titles.
• Thousands of segments and full programs, new content added regularly
• Unlimited, 24/7 access, in the library or off site
• Subject-specific collections
• Mobile device friendly
• 100% Canadian content
• Downloadable content with expiry dates
• usage data and administrative console to manage your users
• Advanced keyword search
• Segments with searchable descriptions
• Transcripts, Resource Guides, & Infographics where available
• Embed codes for easy integration into LMS
• Create a "favourites" list
• new content added regularly
CAN-CORE is a brand new streaming platform for Canadian colleges and universities and we are working hard to add new content and features. We presently have hundreds of hours of new content that will be added to the platform over the next few months, and all content that is not already closed captioned will be closed captions over this period as well.
CAN-CORE Subject Areas:
* Academic and Career Skills
* Arts and Architecture
* Business Studies
* Communications and Media
* Health and Medicine
* Nature, Leisure, and Travel
* Social Sciences
* Sciences and Math
* Technology and Trades
Mid-term joins may be accepted.
If you would like to join this new TAL subscription, please respond to Christine Loo by Thursday, February 18, 2016. You will be sent a subscriber's agreement and asked to submit a signed copy at your earliest convenience.