Please find below resource(s) available for Trial
This is a new product offer for TAL.
From the vendor: PrepSTEP provides the most comprehensive selection of academic and career-related resources available for students in one platform. Targeted learning centers provide students with easy-to-use, intuitive online navigation for interactive tutorials, practice tests and e-books. This eLearning platform features academic skill building, college placement test preparation, soft skills training, career advancement resources, professional licensing and certification test prep, basic computer skills training and much more.
PrepSTEP resources are also designed to meet the specific needs of 2 and 4-year college students who are in need of extra support, including college and grad school admissions test prep, as well as high school equivalency exam prep for students working towards achieving a non-traditional high school credential.
PrepSTEP Canada is designed to empower and help students who need extra support in core learning areas through Six Targeted Learning Centres:
* Core math and science skills review (developmental, algebra, statistics, calculus, chemistry and biology)
* Core English skills review (reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and spelling)
* Career and workplace preparation (learn about a career, workplace etiquette, interviewing techniques and TOIEC/TOEFL for ESL)
* Placement test preparation (CLEP, TOEFL iBT)
* College and Graduate School preparation (GED and SAT for Colleges and LSAT, GMAT, MCAT for Universities)
* Basic computer skills (Internet basics, Microsoft Office basics)
The PrepSTEP Canada user-interface is easy to use, modern and self-guided. It contains assessment quizzes, tutorials and tests with automatic feedback. It is a perfect fit for both Student Success initiatives within the library and a resource to support campus-wide Learning and Writing Centres.
PrepSTEP 2 year features SAT, ACT and GED.
PrepSTEP 4 year features GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT and MCAT.
Please click here for an overview of PrepSTEP.
Mid-term joins may be accepted.
If you would like to join this new TAL subscription, please respond to Christine Loo by Thursday, May 19, 2016. You will be sent a subscriber's agreement and asked to submit a signed copy at your earliest convenience.